2010 should go down as the most exciting year of Bay Area dining in more than a quarter century.
That’s a bold statement, but one easily supported considering some of the new places that have opened since the last Top 100 list was published a year ago.
The bar/restaurant scene has been redefined with Bar Agricole. The “pop up restaurant” craze found firm footing at Mission Chinese Food. Places such as Saison and Commonwealth have introduced a generation of chefs who don’t carry all the financial baggage once required for fine dining. Corey Lee, a protege of Thomas Keller at the French Laundry, has practically reinvented fine dining at his minimalist, Asian-infused Benu.
The last year was truly a time for reinvention and reinvigoration: Michael Mina moved his top-rated eponymous restaurant in the Westin St. Francis over to the Aqua space where he got his start. He’s created a menu that’s very 2011, with Asian-inspired combinations; replaced Bernardaud china with handmade porcelain; and jettisoned thick tablecloths for finely polished wood tables.
Hiro Sone did much the same at his 23-year-old Terra in St. Helena. He and his wife and partner, Lissa Doumani, split the space in two and turned the other half into Bar Terra.
- By contactdesigners
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID
Skinny Table’s Healthy Recommendations
- Wood Oven Roasted Manila Clams – black bean, shallot, ginger, chili, scallion
- Prather Ranch Beef Carpaccio – lime juice, rau ram, roasted peanut, toasted sesame rice cracker (Request Without Rice Cracker)
- Branzino & Tamarind – ginger, cilantro, pineapple, bean sprout
POULTRY AND GAME
- Organic Chicken Claypot – caramel sauce, thai chili, fresh ginger
- Wood Oven Roasted Lemongrassgarlic Dinner – bell farms pastured half chicken ginger citrus sauce, extra virgin olive oil, cilantro
- Panseared Day Boat Scallops – braised frisée, chililime butter sauce, rau ram
- Banana Leaf Braised Branzino – cilantro, lime, green garlic, spring onion
- Stir Fried Wild Gulf Shrimp – dinner bell farm shishito pepper, chili, ginger
- Spicy Monterey Squid – pineapple, sweet red pepper, jalapeño, thai basil
- Wood Oven Roasted Arctic Char – jicama, grapefruit, cucumberlime dipping sauce
- Hodo Soy Beanery Organic Tofu – braised tofu, sweet roasted chili sauce, lemongrass
- Star Route Farm Baby Spinach – garlic, caramelized shallot
- Chue Farm Baby Bok Choy – baby shiitake, garlic
- Allstar Organic Curly Kale – garlic, rice wine
- Catalan Farm Spicy Broccoli – braised tofu, lion’s mane mushroom
- Rodoni Farm Brussels’ Sprouts – pioppini mushroom
- Louisiana Gulf Shrimp – spicy cocktail sauce, thai basil aioli
- Half Dozen Oysters – zen (bc), chelsea gem (wa), cortes island (bc), chatham (ma)
- Live Atlantic Sea Scallop – black tobiko, limecilantro vinaigrette, sea salt
- California Yellowtail – crispy shallot, thai basil
- Wild California Uni – black tobiko, avocado, cucumber
- Grassfed Estancia Shaking Beef – cubed filet mignon, watercress, red onion, lime sauce (Request Without Butter)
- Grilled Grassfed Anderson Ranch Lamb Rack – crispy potatoes, tamarind sauce (Request Without Butter Or Potatoes)
View Full Menu
* Menu Items and Prices subject to change. Information related to this restaurant is provided solely for informational purposes only and is not endorsed or guaranteed by Skinny Table or any Listed Restaurant.