Experience the exquisite cuisine of James Beard, Rising Star Chef 2014 – Jimmy Bannos Jr. As a fourth generation restaurateur, he was mentored by his father, Jimmy Bannos (Chef/Owner of Heaven on Seven) and catapulted his expertise through training by nationally renowned chefs.
Since opening in 2009, under the leadership of Jimmy Bannos Jr., The Purple Pig has received numerous accolades, including being named one of 2010’s “10 Best New Restaurants in America” by Bon Appétitmagazine; and a Bib Gourmand recipient from the Michelin Guide Chicago in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014; among other honors.
Dubbed the “Prince of Pork” by Dana Cowin (Food and Wine Editor and Chief); Jimmy Jr. brings his love for Mediterranean food to the Windy City in fun, inventive ways – at this rustic sharable plate restaurant, conveniently located on the Magnificent Mile.
Located at 500 North Michigan Avenue, the restaurant offers cheese, swine and wine, among other standout dishes, showcasing the flavors of Italy, Greece and Spain.
- By contactdesigners
- Email: email@example.com
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID
Skinny Table’s Healthy Recommendations
- SaltRoasted Beets with whipped goat cheese & pistachio vinaigrette 8.00
- Grilled Marinated Olives with mint, celery, fennel salad & kumquat marmalade 11.00
- Olive OilPoached Tuna with tomatoes, quail eggs, roasted red pepper & greek lemon vinaigrette 11.00
- Calamari with fregola, radishes, cucumbers & pistachios 10.00
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with pecorino noce & parmigiano reggiano 7.00
- Whipped Feta with cucumbers 9.00
- Roasted Bone Marrow with herb salad & sicilian sea salt 15.00
- Sardines with shaved fennel salad & lemon vinaigrette 10.00
A La Plancha, Etc.
- Razor Clams with oregano, lemon & olive oil 12.00
- Octopus with green beans, fingerling potatoes & salsa verde 16.00 (Request Without Potatoes)
- Monkfish with lentils, celery root, caramelized whey & aceto balsamico 19.00
- Black Cod with artichokes, beets, black walnut skordalia 19.00
- Manila Clams with housemade merguez sausage, manzanilla sherry & tomato 16.00
- Bay Scallops with celery, blood orange compote & black garlic vinaigrette 15.00
- Piadina with housemade ‘nduja, scamorza, marinated eggplant & arugula 11.00
- Charred Green Onions with romesco sauce
View Full Menu
* Menu Items and Prices subject to change. Information related to this restaurant is provided solely for informational purposes only and is not endorsed or guaranteed by Skinny Table or any Listed Restaurant.